Saturday, June 6, 2009

Soccer fun

My pictures got all messed up and out of order and I don't know how to fix them, so I'm just winging it and you are going to get out of order pictures.

Last Sunday, we were able to take Asa to his first soccer game in Portland. It's a USL (united soccer league) team, called the Portland Timbers. They will be a MSL (major league soccer) in 2 years. We are very excited about that. An Angel from L.A. gave us the opportunity to go, and we had a great time! Josh and I talked about it in bed later and said that it was the best family fun we have every had together. We didn't have any worries, the weather was in the 80's and one of our favorite teams, Club America was playing the Timbers. Asa wore his Club America uniform and looked adorable. Asa was a bit nervous for about 10 minutes. It was loud, hot and noisy. Once the first goal was scored, he was standing and clapping and didn't' take his eyes off the game, until he got a snow cone in the 2nd half. After he finished that, he resumed watching the game. It was a treat and we LOVED IT!

Asa eating cotton candy. I tried so many times to get a good picture of him, but I never could. I gave the camera to Josh to have him get a better picture.....


...nope, he didn't get a good picture either. He shoveled cotton candy in his mouth like a real trooper.

Me, sportin' my new haircut. I love it...they boys do not. The place looks empty, but we were there 45 minutes early and once the game started it was PACKED!


Club America practicing.



I was walking back from the restroom and thought this was so cute of the boys from behind.


I love these 2 so much. They make me laugh constantly.


Go TIMBERS! Or CLUB AMERICA!



Asa and I planting after we got some plants at a plant sale. Asa planted them and watered them. I am proud of him. He has watered them every night (that it hasn't rained) and really taken care of them. We love our little garden. It makes me very happy.

LOL, Valentina.....angry. Beya took this picture and she wanted Beya to hold her, but Beya was too tired, so Valentina put on a show. Beya ended up holding her. I like to have Vali happy, but she is so funny when she gets so mad. She just changes from her sweet adorable self to something very scary. Notice the tan lines in the inside of her elbows. She has such a pretty color and getting so tanned. My dad jokes that the warm wind just has to blow to get her brown.



Josh and Asa FINALLY relaxing in the hammock. It takes some skill and a bit of practice (right Holly?) to get into my hammock. I have it down pat. I throw tons of pillows on it and it is heaven.

This is them trying to get in it...together. Asa said "that was a near wipeout Mum"!

LOL


getting off the hammock takes practice too.
Asa was just looking at one of his magazines in his room and I was doing some cleaning up in his room. He asked me what "inspiration" meant. I thought for a minute. I said "you know, when you see an airplane and you want to run inside and draw one? or when you see a soccer player score a goal and you want to score a goal too? Those things inspire you". He walked over to me with his Puzzle Buzz magazine, held up a picture of frosted donuts and said "these donuts are inspiring me to eat some donuts".
I'm going to watch a video with my husband and hopefully stay awake longer than 15 minutes. It's the same movie we attempted to watch last night...but I fell asleep...15 minutes into it. At this rate it's going to take me all week to finish it.
Shake N BAKE!

8 comments:

Cameo said...

you forgot to mention that when my sweetness gets in a pissy mood, you LOVE to egg her on, just like you love(d) to do with me! She is so much like me she's scary! And I mean that, SHE is scary!!!!

Krystal said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a fun family adventure! I think your haircut looks great - very chic and sleek. The donut story is hilarious!!

melissa said...

LOL at the hammock pictures. I'm afraid I would have several wipeouts if I attempted to get in!!

Grama said...

Love that you felt up to blogging. Love the pictures and stories. Please tell Asa that he has inspired me to buy donuts when I come over tomorrow.
Love you so much.

Tracey said...

So much fun, you know I love a good soccer game! We took Kade to see Guate vs. US last year...he loved it!!

I love the hammock pics!!! And I love your hair!!!

I was thinking donuts sound really good right about now:)

Mandy said...

Love the pictures. Sounds like the soccer match was a lot of fun. The hammock pics are too funny. I have been dumped out of a hammock more times than I can to admit, I never do quite get the hang of getting in and out gracefully.

mylene said...

your hair looks great. I remember when...

Outdoor Chess said...

Hi,

I see Your blog but you are not mention too much details about that you just paste out one picks and also so information but it is not sufficient so please update it,
Thanks

giant connect - 4