Friday, May 29, 2009

TGIF!

It's been a good week. I've felt good and the weather has been GREAT! It helps to be outside.

I found out yesterday that I have breast cancer for the 2nd time. The metastasized liver cancer is from a NEW cancer in my breast. I was cured from my last cancer 16 years ago, and this is NEW! Josh said it's like getting hit by lighting twice. My oncologist seemed please that it all makes sense now and says that I'm very unique. A different breast cancer twice in my lifetime. And I was/am so young to have breast cancer. I am having a lumpectomy on Monday morning, that will give me all week to recover and start chemotherapy on June 8.

I have had so many miracles happen for me in the last week. I sat down 2 nights ago and sent out numerous thank you cards. Each and every one was for a miracle. To all that donated their talents and gifts to the "1 in 8" cause, I thank you so much. I appreciate you all so much. Thank you for caring and your support.

Josh was talking about a girl at his work that is always cursing. He was saying "she always drops the F-bomb and the S-bomb" Asa was listening, and said "and then she drops a torpedo?".

When ever I leave for a doctors appointment, Asa kisses me and tells me "hope you feel better Mum!". Right now I am scared for chemo, but want to know how it's going to affect me. However, I'm worried the most about Asa. How is he going to react to me with no hair. I probably shouldn't worry about it, but it is worry some to me.

I'm short on words today, I want to get outside and enjoy my day, so I'm cutting this short. Thank you everyone for your prayers, emails, support and love :)

Shake N BAKE!!!!!!!

Some "family members" got together and sent me this GORGEOUS hammock. It was a huge surprise. They wanted me to have a peaceful place to lay this summer while in treatment. I'm so amazed at the love and thought. Thank you girls!

Asa and I in my new haircut. I cut it shorter, so it will be less of a mess when it starts falling out.

Last weekend sometime. We call this a Mexi-ghetto slip and slide. The kids loved it. My dad filled it with warm water and they would slip and fall and giggle and giggle. Valentina was much more daring than Asa. She is fearless. She fills out a swimsuit so CUTE!

They started with a bucket of water, and then Asa slowly started spilling the water for the slip and slide.
Joshua and I, pre haircut.



14 comments:

amanda said...

I was sooo excited to see a TGIF post Trina! :0) The hammock was a great idea!

Grama said...

So love seeing the pictures of you smiling. Can't wait to see the new hair cut. I am pretty sure that Asa will go by how you react to the hair loss. He is so smart and such a joy. Love to all

Mandy said...

Great to read this post Trina. That hammock looks heavenly.

HollyGee said...

Shoot, I wish I was laying in a hammock right about now!

Asa cracks me up. I bet he is going to want to be bald just like his Mommy:)

Love ya Trina!

Kelly said...

So glad you had a good week! Keeping you close to my heart and in my prayers. Kick this cancer in the ass girl!!!!We are here for you every step of the way!!!!

Jill said...

Love you and think of you every day... kiss Asa for me.

Kylie's Mommy said...

Your positivity is an inspiration.
Keep it up Trina.... The Tea Cups are calling you...
Dottie

Marianne said...

Trina, your TGIF post made my Friday. Love the new haircut, it looks so pretty on you. And that hammock looks like the perfect place to relax and watch the kids play. I think you need a drink with an umbrella in it to go with lounging in the hammock. Hope you have a good weekend.

Sonia said...

I'm jealous of your hammock. But I probably wouldn't be able to get out of one right now. I love the pictures! I'm so glad to see how strong and positive you are. Brooklyn wanted to shave her head like Kiara's last year when she lost her hair to chemo. Asa may want to do the same thing. You are in my prayers every day. Love you!

Aunt Kathy said...

don't you just love those things the kids come up with. Asa is funny. how can anybody "remain" dreary around that little tyke.

what a great idea, (the Hammock)
some people are really "gifted" with that insight to what would benefit or bless others. Perfect idea.
love you so much
"aunt Kathy"

mylene said...

Great Hammock. You look good and sound great. I keep praying for you and your family. I am glad Josh is so supportive. Emily watched your video the other day. She admires the closeness of your family. She said she hopes she has that someday. We both still laugh at the toilet paper notes. Very funny. Love you lots!

Greta Jo said...

Praise God, Trina! What a great post to read. Thinking of you in NJ

Tracey said...

I LOVE the slip n slide! That cracked me up!!

I think the boys in your life will shave their heads...just for mum!

Loves you...glad everything went well today!!

Andrea said...

I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Love you, Sissy!!