Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh boy....

Tomorrow I start my chemotherapy. I'm anxious, scared, nervous and relieved all at the same time. I will finally know how my body will react to the "poison". It is a horrible unknown. Actually, I remember it vividly how it was 16 years ago, but have hope that it will be better this time around.

I had my lumpectomy on Monday. It went good. It was a rough recovery, nearly 3 hours in post-op, but Joshua was there to make me laugh. The nurse asked him "are you always this patient?" Josh answered "no, but for her I am". The pre-op nurse was the same one that I had for my D & C and she remembered me and gave me a big hug and a kiss. She was so sympathetic towards me and was a real blessing to me both days. As I was waking up from the surgery, I vaguely heard the OR nurse telling me how I had a beautiful purple tube top on with purple flowers and how I looked hot. I am confined to wearing a tube top for the next 2 weeks. A sports bra would go right over the incision so I get to look "hot" in my purple tube top. I am recovering nicely. Friday I had my post op appointment with a nurse and she was amazed at how well my incision looked. No swelling and no bruising. It is a miracle.

We have been couch potato's all weekend and have watched more soccer than should ever be allowed. Asa and I have had very heated debates on our teams and he has become a trash talker. He apparently learned this from Sissy. Today I did get off the couch and Sissy picked me up and we went and had a pedicure. I can't remember the last time I had a pedicure. It was kick ass. Then we went next door to Baskin Robbins and had ice cream. I'm not an ice cream lover, but I enjoyed my Rocky Road very much.

I haven't cried in 24 hours. I feel like today is the end of something. Tomorrow I start my chemo and my life will be changed forever. I am very mellow and feel like I am a boxer, having the fight of my life tomorrow. I have to be focused and prepared. I'm sick to my stomach and very afraid. I know that God will not forsake me and has not forsaken me, but this battle seems very much on my shoulders and my shoulders only. Tomorrow will be a struggle for me, but I am ready for it.

I am taking all of the greeting cards that have been sent to me, and bringing them with me to treatment tomorrow. They all make me smile and I will need that tomorrow.

I can't help but think of my unborn child tomorrow. If it wasn't for this chemotherapy, I would still be pregnant. I miss my baby so much and still have moments where I think I'm still pregnant. I think of it many times a day and tomorrow it will be a constant. I pray that someday a miracle will happen where both Sissy and I can be pregnant someday. And I hope.

Another miracle...I sent out another 10 thank you cards today :) Thank you all for your prayers and support. I love you all.

21 comments:

melissa said...

I can't even begin to imagine the feelings you must be going through. Please know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers....

A pedicure and ice cream - sounds like a wonderful outing. And I'm glad your sister went out for a pedi - I've seen pictures on her blog of what happens when she does it herself!! LOL!

Dottie said...

I will be thinking of Warrior Trina tomorrow...

Dottie

margaret said...

I continue to send up prayers for you tomorrow and in the days to come....
Margaret

Mandy said...

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way for tomorrow.

Pedicures are glorious aren't they?

Krystal said...

I'm praying for you and I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow.

Cameo said...

I love Melissa's comment!

And, uh, sissy? It's not "poison", it IS poison!!! I'm so sorry. I wish I could do it for you. There is absolutely NO REASON for this. Yet another instance in that SHIT HAPPENS.

I love you so much. Valentina still prays for "Asa's baby".

Bonnie said...

My prayers are with you and your family everyday and tomorrow will be no different. I wish there was something more to do or say, but please just know that well wishes and prayers are being lifted for you throughout the country!

GMom said...

Trina Good luck tomorrow and I will be thinking of you

Love Gmom

Andrea said...

I'll be praying for you and thinking of you tomorrow.

And yea I thought the same thing about Cam's getting a pedi. ;)

Love you both!!

Grama said...

Love you so much. praying for an easy treatment. Glad you got a day out with Cameo I know you both need days like that. Your husband is an angel. Hoping and praying.

Jill said...

Thinking of you today and everyday....praying and loving you from here. You are a wonderful girl... and you will fight through... I believe in your strength.

melissa said...

Sending extra thoughts and prayers your way today....

Tracey said...

Thinking of you today! Praying all is going well..

Loves you!

Alaska family said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers...today especially.

Lori said...

Proverbs 31:10,25-31
Still praying every day for you!
Love you!

Sig said...

Been thinking about you all day. I remember the day before and the doy of my first treatment. You can't wait to be able to finally fight the cancer but yet dread the chemo.
I hope you got good meds to combat the nausea. I took them to sleep during (and after) chemo.
Hugs.

Deb said...

Trina-

Sending over some late day 1 good thoughts and prayers to you.

Love and hugs,
Deb

mylene said...

You are a very strong person. I am glad you have such a great sister. I miss you both and am praying for you every day. Keep up the faith my friend.

Kelly said...

Be strong and keep fighting. You have my prayers. Hugs !

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!

Jimena

Anonymous said...

My dear FRIEND Trina Louise, How I miss you soo much!! I always think about you and wonder how you are doing, when I received the phone call to tell me how you are I cried my eyes out, Buuuttt you are the strongest person I have ever known and you will be just fine through out all this. You have a beautiful family, Asa is so hansome!! And so is Josh. Im so glad you have found happiness and you have so so many decades of happiness to look forward to, (and so many pedicures and rocky road ice cream cones) Love Nichole Rae