Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chemo Day in Pictures...and Miracles!

I've been trying to get this post up since yesterday. I'm going to make it quick. I'm feeling pretty good, THANK GOD! Thank you for your prayers. I have very little nausea, as long as I take my anti nausea medication. My pain in my back and headaches are pretty severe, and the narcotics just make me sick to my stomach, so that has been a drag. Dr. is giving me some better pain meds. Mom is on her way to pick them up for me as we speak and hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight. I'm doing much better than I anticipated and that is a miracle. I'm so TIRED! But I can deal with that. No VOMITING! YEAH! I should be feeling a bit better by tomorrow and will hopefully have a pain free weekend and then we start over on Monday. Here are some pics from Monday.


Monday morning we were ready early and our little family of 3 went to Shari's for breakfast. It's only 1 block a away. As I as getting nervous for chemo, Joshua kept showing this picture of Asa to me to make me smile.

Me waiting for my port to get flushed and all ready for chemo.



Mom teased that this was my "vomit" bin.


My fresh toes. They make me smile. I hadn't had a pedicure in probably a year.

my port getting prepped. Josh was taking tons of pictures.


They rubbed this really stinky antibiotic all over my neck before accessing my port. It was so strong I was coughing.

My port is accessed and we are at the doctors office waiting to see my oncologist.

My oncologist.
OK, it's about to happen. Ready for my pre meds.

chillin'

view from my corner office....the window is nice too :)

I just love my husband.

6 hours later...no joke.

The Benedryl made me so tired.

Looking a little bit haggard. Almost done, and I was snacking on snacks that Sissy had packed along. Thank you Sissy. I love you.
THANKS GMOM! I got my package today and I'm so excited! Thank you, they are perfect and beautiful. You are an angel.
Love you all and continue to pray that I will be able to sleep tonight. Last night was really rough. I'm doing great though and it's a miracle.

18 comments:

Sig said...

So glad you have all these pictures. I had fun taking mine.
6 hours, wow. A little tip...I used to get a bit nauseated half way through, so I started taking an Ativan as soon as I knew it was starting to happen and I was out cold by the time it was getting bad. When I was done, I was carried out by my sweet DH and went right to bed as soon as I got home. I woke at about 8-9PM and was starving. try it, you might like it ;)
Don't you love the nausea meds now? I told Cams that they were great nowadays! There is no reason to be sick. And the chemo...yes, it is hard, but it is a pure MIRACLE. We are alive because of them!!
You are looking great girl!! 1 DOWN!! Woohoo!! How awesome. Happy you got that first one over with, I think it is the worst because you do not know what to expect as far as being sick and such.

melissa said...

Glad you are doing better than anticipated - that's great news!! Hope you get some better sleep soon.

BTW - You look BEAUTIFUL in these pics!!!

Dottie said...

Wow 6 hours. You are a trooper...
I loved the picture of you smiling. Your positive attitude is so inspiring. Keep it up Trina.. You will be in Disney World before you know it.

Dottie said...

OOPS I meant Disney Land.... Just the thought of Disney makes me giddy. LOL

Mandy said...

You are amazing! I adore you. I've been thinking about you lots. I am so glad that it hasnt been as bad as you were anticipating. hang in there chica. You have so many of us pulling for you. Hugs!!

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Trina, I'm so glad to see you looking so good. And good for you for taking all these pictures. Life is good and bad, after all.

Sending love and strength, not that you need it.

Besos!

Grama said...

I thought you looked beautiful even "haggard" I'm so thankful you are doing so well. All my love

nikki said...

Hope the pain meds work great tonight and you can rest well.

You look great in the pics!!
Girl you are kicking cancers @ss and looking like a rock star!!!

Andrea said...

Seriously? You are absolutely GORGEOUS in those pictures. And you know i love the plaid blanket :) You are a rock star, Trina!! I love you!

Kate said...

So glad you're feeling ok! Hope you were able to sleep and that the chemo works it's magic quickly. You're looking beautiful...same girl I remember. :)

Rhonda said...

I was so happy to see these pictures. I felt like I was there with you. Your Josh is such a sweetheart. So glad you are doing well. I have been thinking of you.

Sonia said...

I'm so glad that the chemo hasn't been too rough on you. I will pray things continue to go well. Love you!

Tracey said...

You look hot even after chemo...what's your secret:) Loves you!!

Greta Jo said...

Still praying for you! Thanks for sharing the photos- you sure are a beauty!

melissa said...

Thinking of you and praying for you alot this weekend...

erinberry said...

Thinking of you today.

You look lovely in the photos!

The Frugal Countess said...

Trina, you look so beautiful in the pictures. It is amazing to me that even despite all that is surrounding you right now, you still have such a sparkle in your eye and a joyful presence. You are an amazing woman and I know that you will beat this. Praying constantly and believing for your victory! :) :)

mylene said...

Trina, you look so beautiful. You are so strong and cheerful and positive. I miss you. God bless you.