Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm so thankful for all of you.

The last 2 weeks have gone by so fast. I try to get in as many things on a good 2 days, and then I'm on the lam for the next 5.

I have so much to report, but I've been up way too late with my boys tonight. We had a great night together and Asa stayed awake until he feel asleep in my arms in the couch. Asa said that he was proud of me. I asked him why? he answered "you haven't been grumpy once since you started chemo, I'm proud of you, you are doing a great job". I have such a sweet son and an even greater husband. My mom in a rock and she is such a great care taker. Sissy consistently amazes me a my child's care giver/mom/Sissy. She does it every day, no complaining and happy to do it. I WOULD watch both the children if I had to, but I don't ever want to. I could never compare and she is great with them. She is a true talent when taking care of our children. They love her so much. I appreciate you sissy. I love you so much. My poor mother has gone to every appointment with me and helped me, held my hand while walking, getting my walker out so I can shop (on Tuesdays) and cares for me day and night. Even on her nights off (when josh is home with me) she still comes over, picks up Asa so I can sleep more in the mornings and just continues on. Never complaining. I have the best family and am blessed to have them. I thank God for them many times a day. Even though this mother fucking cancer has a brief hold on us for the time being, it's bringing us even closer and stronger as a unit. We all need each other.

I have so many stories and update of appointments and pictures to post, but I wanted to give you an insight as to my emotion at the moment. I'm OK, I'm fighting like Cotto, I'm done with 3 rounds of chemo. I have Monday off, Josh and I are talking about taking Asa to the Seattle Aquarium if I'm feeling up to it. Not sure yet.

You have all been on my mind and have felt bad not posting in such a long while. I will get my butt in gear tomorrow with updates galore and a few new pics. Love you all and pray that I get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow night the pain starts up in the spine from the chemo and the next 3 days are the hardest. I'm prepared for it now, and ready to fight it until it's DEAD! I am stronger than this monster. Oh, my hair is falling out. We were supposed to shave it tonight, but mom forgot the clippers, so tomorrow it will be. I will feel empowered and sad at the same time, but it's showing that the chemo is working. Asa told me last night "Mum, it's time to shave your head, your hair is getting to be a nuisance".

I have gotten so many beautiful gifts in the mail along with greeting cards and I'm sorry I've been slow on my thank yous. I am looking forward to writing to you all personally tomorrow. Thank you so much for your love. I feel it in every card and gift and email that I get.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and support. I'll talk to you tomorrow again.

18 comments:

Krystal said...

Trina, you are beautiful and strong and amazing! I am so glad that you felt good and had a wonderful day with your boys. I am praying that your pain subsides completely and that instead of getting tired, you get stronger and stronger with each treatment. Lots of love to you and your whole family!

PS - Asa is such a genius boy.

melissa said...

It's so good to hear an update from you! You are so blessed with a wonderful family - and don't forget that you are a blessing to them too!

Praying for less pain, more sleep, and lots of strength to fight this MF!

Beya said...

Hey babe, it is my pleasure to spend time with you. I am blessed to have you for my daughter. God has great things planned for us, we just need to persevere! You are an inspriration to me, God is living in you. I thank you for your great attitude, that is such a blessing to us all. I will see you shortly!!!!

Bonnie said...

Trina, your are such a strong fighter and an inspiration to all of us. Your grace and spirit throughout this shit-fest amazes me!

Do you have a PO Box that I could send something to you at? You and your entire family continue to be in my prayers every day.

Grama said...

Trina I'm so glad you felt up to writing. I miss you so much. I'm so glad you have such a close strong relationship with your Mom and Sissy. It makes the tough times bearable. Praying for strength and good rest. You are beautiful inside and out so your hair won't make any difference to the rest of us. Love you.

Sig said...

Trina, you are my new hero.
Your family is so wonderful. Mine was too, but have to say my brother who I was very close to would not watch my kids (and I watched his 3 ALL the time). It was really dissapointing. SO, Cams is amazing and you are so lucky.
You're gonna beat this MF shit right out of you. It better be scared and RUN!!!!!
So glad you updated your blog.
Love you girl!

bodegalee said...

YOu are all soooo strong! Cancer picked the wrong place to try and call home! I know you will soon send it packing.... Praying for a pain free week and that you can make that trip to the Aquarium...Have a great week!

Jill said...

I cannot wait to see that beautiful head of yours shaven... only PROVING that the chemo is working and kicking cancer's ass. You are awesome and inspiring, Trina. Prayers for you and your family from everyone. Keep swinging girl...I am only a call/text/email away. Here for you!

Dottie said...

hugs

Dottie

Daria said...

Trina,

Just started following your blog ...

Sorry for the terrible days to come with your chemo.

Will be thinking about you.

Daria

Tracey said...

Can I just say that I love your family too?! You are all awesome!!
I love Asa's vocab!!! He is so witty:)

I am excited to see pics of your shiny head! You are beautiful no matter what!

Keep kickin ass! And when you feel weak, we will all be there to do it for you!

Loves you

Andrea said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

That's what I think about you.

Oh, and

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

Love you!

Alaska Family said...

Weur feeling ok today, and hope that the next few days dont go as bad...Asa is so smart, he blows us away with all the things he has to say :)

Love you all so much, and know that you and your family will continue to be in all of our prayers. Every day.

nikki said...

Asa is so very sweet!!!
Happy to hear you had a nice day with your boys.
Praying for less pain, more energy, and of course more restfull sleep!!!
Thanks for updating and letting us all know how you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being so so strong. I know you will fight this horrible horrible thing that is invading your space..My thoughts, prayers and love to you and your wonderful awe inspiring family.. Give Asa a hug for me.. he is so so intuitive (ms sorry). Rest up for you are going to win this battle.Hug your mom for me too and tell her she is the most wonderul mom a chld could ask for, her devotion to you and your entire family is so so awesome.

Hugs and love and Prayers,

MT II

Now you can be like Larry Boy and sing oh where is my hair brush and in the end you can give it to the peach because he had some fuzz to comb.. : )

Marianne said...

Trina, just wanted to drop you a note and let you know I am thinking of you. I love what you wrote about your Mom. She is amazing. I am so glad that you have such a strong and supportive family there for you. Hope you have a good weekend.

Lori said...

Trina, please think about borrowing Grandma's van for your trip to Seattle. It has a really comfy back sofa seat that lays down flat into a comfy bed and the seats are all comfy and recline. It's got the tv with the vcr in it. You and Asa could watch a movie on the long drive. Even if it's only the three of you you will be very comfortable in it and it gets great gas mileage. Let me know if you want to borrow it. I know my mom wouldn't mind at all and I can even bring it to your house if you want. Just let me know. Love you!

Lori said...

Trina, I'm still praying for you every day. I want you to know that you are not alone in praying that you will be healed. I know a lot of ppl are praying for your healing and for your comfort and for your strength and for your peace and security that Jesus is close to you. It doesn't matter whether you get on here and blog or not, we won't forget you and stop praying for you. You are always on our minds. We love you.
Just try to rest and heal and have peace of mind that there are thousands of prayers being sent up to your Heavenly Father on your behalf. You don't have to do a thing for us, we'll keep praying!
Love you!