Saturday, May 23, 2009

Unreal!

I wish I could personally thank EVERYONE who has donated, prayed and spent time working on the raffle. It was a HUGE success and I'm shocked. It is a miracle. Thank you to all my friends. I can't believe the support that I haven't gotten from "friends" that I have never met or talked to. It's a miracle and I'm so happy. Life is really good :)

I also had another miracle happen last night. Joshua has been wanting to work days at his full time job for quite some time now and has asked on numerous occasions and there has never been a position open. Late last night, his boss called and offered him day shift. Joshua will not be a supervisor at his new position, and he won't get his boss pay but I think he will be able to work his way up like he did on night shift. HE'S GOING TO BE WITH ME IN THE EVENINGS AND THROUGH THE NIGHT! YEA! I can't believe that either. He works days at his part time job so the sleep transition won't be an issue anymore either! YEA! What a great night last night! I am so blessed! And I even have CANCER!

I only cried a couple of times yesterday. Pretty good for me. I cried after my surgeon called me and told me I had a new breast cancer. That was the result of the biopsy from Friday. I pretty much thought that, but it's harder to hear it's true. My surgeon also assured me that it was so important to have the D & C and he knows it was so horrible for me, but it's already been a benefit to me. We still don't know the full pathology report, so we don't what type of cancer it is, or how it will be treated. I'm OK though. Chemo is going to be hard, but this waiting business is harder. I just want to start getting rid of this cancer.

I love you guys and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. Thank you, thank you thank you. I appreciate each and every one of you so much. I have so much help and support to get me through this, that it's been pretty hard to feel sorry for myself the last couple of days. So THANK YOU!

Yesterday, on the way home from Sissy's BBQ. Asa was scared and stiff as a board on the motorcycle.
my soccer pro. How adorable are his knee socks? VERY ADORABLE!

The LOVE OF MY LIFE and my greatest cheerleader and support. I love him so much. I'm a lucky wife :) And he's a lucky husband :)

Papa came over and joined in on the soccer fun. I just sat at the sidelines and gave Asa hi-5's as he would run by after a goal.

Asa's soccer action figures.

Asa eating a healthy breakfast of corn dog and Popsicle. Not in that order. And shirtless.
Josh wanted to make sure that I posted this picture of me. It was the morning after my port "install" and he told me I looked beautiful sitting there. I'm bringing sexy back for sure. I love my son in the back round eating his healthy breakfast. I have cancer....and I'm not going to complain on what Joshua fixes us for our breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Sig sent me a book (many actually) and I have laughed and cried while reading them. One of the things that I have clung to is to play the cancer card as often as I can. I did it yesterday while shopping for a supportive sports bra to wear at night. I didn't' have one and it helped me tremendously last night with my pain. ANYWAY, I was in the ladies dressing room and I asked if Joshua could come in and help me put it on, that I was having difficulties putting it on. (I really was, my left arm pit still hurts from the biopsy and my port hurts when I rub any clothing along it). The lady said no men allowed. I said "I have cancer, have just had surgery and I'm having a hard time. I need my husband's help". She let him in :) SO, it's not so bad having cancer.

Asa at his end of spring season soccer. He is so grown up.

13 comments:

GMom said...

you go Girl........ Play that card whenever and Josh is right you do look beautiful Port and all

Cameo said...

don't forget, you also get put to the top of your psychiatrists cancelation list when I told them you had cancer, people tell you not to help with BBQ'ing (except the grilling part) because you have cancer, you don't have to help with clean up because you have cancer, people are praying for you and pulling for you..... because you're YOU and you happen to have cancer. So yeah, where can I sign up for this cancer stuff???

I love you so much sissy and am already having fun this weekend and we're only one day in!!! SPC baby, SPC!!!!

Sonia said...

The picture are great and you look beautiful! You're always in my prayers. Love you!

Sig said...

Trina, I can tell you; I MISS THE CANCER CARD. I used to use it alot ("but I need ice cream right now...pleeease, I have cancer and I feel so sick"...::grin::). Sometimes I try it now ("I want to take a nap, you know... from the CANCER I had"...) It SO DOES NOT WORK!!! Use it and use it often!!!!! LOL
I am surprised the port is more in the middle of your chest, mine is off to the side, but it is *right* under my bra strap!! I could not wear a bra for months (and that is scary with my boobs).
Before you know it, you'll be getting it out.
It was great talking to you last night. We survivors need to stick together. ;)

Anonymous said...

You and your family will be in my prayers!!! I was diagnosed in June 2007 with breast cancer. I had had my very first mammogram and they watched the "spot" for 1 year and then I was told I needed to have a biopsy, then another, then a lumpectomy and then a mastectomy. Your emotions are all OVER the place!!! So I know what you are going through, I pray that you will keep the Lord with you!!! You will be in my prayers DAILY!
Debbie

Alaska Family said...

Hi Trina,

Were hoping you have a wonderful weekend together with your family…we miss you and are still praying for your strength. So happy to hear about Josh’s job. Say hi to Asa from us,

We love and miss you all!

Mandy said...

YAy for Josh getting to work day turn!! That is awesome. i agree play that card whenever you can, you've been dealt it so hell yeah, don't put it away.=) You have been on my mind lots lately. Sending big hugs your way!

Tracey said...

I think you look beautiful!!! And I love Asa's soccer socks, he rocks them:)

I am so happy Joshua will be with you at night, nothing better than that:) Well...

You know we love you and continue to pray.

Anonymous said...

Hey I love that picture of you with your new centrally located port!! Josh is right you have a nice glow about you... I love those yellow socks that color looks good on Asa... have fun at SPC this weekend.. And i am thankful someone was able to provide books for you, I looked and did not find any I felt were right.
Hugs and prayers to all

MT II

Doripink said...

I agree, You DO look beautiful!!!! And my 4 yr old is a little jealous about Asa's breakfast...she wants corndogs and popsicles too!! Love it!!!

Rhonda said...

First off, that is fantastic that Josh got the day job. That will make life easier for you and your family. And his motorbike is beauitul.
Asa is so cute in his soccer socks. I can see his little muscle in his calf. He is a little jock. I know his soccer action figures must be his prized possession.
Oh, and I think Josh is a great cook. Those kinds of meals are sure to put a smile on your face.
LASTLY, YOU LOOK BEAUITFUL!!!!!!!!!

Grama said...

You always look beautiful. I am so glad to hear that you laugh and enjoy your husband and son. i sure miss seeing you and hope to see you soon.

mylene said...

I am so glad how well you are doing. Your family looks great. Asa is so big. You are very funny. I miss you and hope we can see each other again soon. Your family is always in my prayers. I mention you often at mass as well. It's interesting how close God can be in our biggest trials. Keep up the good fight my friend. Love you...