Friday, May 15, 2009

GREAT DAY!

My bone scans are CLEAN! NO CANCER IN MY BONES! What a relief. I feel so lucky to JUST have liver cancer! LOL For reals! Today is a great day. Thank you for your prayers. I have been thanking God over and over and over this afternoon into my evening. It won't stop :)

I had my breast MRI today and I'm positive that it will be good too. I can do this liver thing. I am positive and happy today. I went and bought 2 new outfits today. Clothes that I hadn't been pregnant in. It had helped, even before I knew the scans were clean. I know that sounds silly, but putting on new clothes gave me some energy and confidence that I needed. Josh hadn't seen me since this morning he had been sleeping and when he woke up he told me I looked so beautiful and my smile was genuine. He hadn't seen me so happy in 2 weeks. We had a long talk this morning after he got home from work. It was a true heart to heart and we both feel better. Josh said that the day we lost the baby, he had to believe in God and know that our baby was in heaven. It was a relief to me. He isn't spiritual, but this has changed his way of thinking. I just love my husband so much.

We had soccer practice tonight and it was Asa's end of season soccer party. I love him so much and I look at him and just want to cry. He saw my hospital band on my wrist and said "take it off mom, with scissors NOW!" He has told me that the last 3 times he has seen them on my wrist. He asked me last night why we weren't having the baby. I explained to him that I was too sick to have the baby, but the doctor took the baby and sent it to heaven. He was happy with that explanation, and I guess I was too. Our baby is in heaven.

I feel so hopeful you guys! I'm still scared, but am counting my blessings. Sunday is my surgery, but I'm excited to get that over with and start chemo. I want my 6 months to fly by. After 6 months of hell, I want to take the children to Disneyland!!!!! I have to have something dream for. Last time I got done with chemo, we went to Disneyland and how fitting to take the children after I get done with this round.

I'm a survivor and a warrior. (I'm chuckling at the warrior part....I hope I'm not like Coach on Survivor :)

Today is a good day and I'm hoping for an even better one tomorrow.

Keep praying and thinking good thoughts! It's working!

23 comments:

Kylie's Mommy said...

I am so happy you got this great news today!!! 6 months will fly by and you will be riding the Tea cups with Asa and Valentina before you know it.
Stay positive,
Dottie

mylene said...

Praise God! I am glad you are doing well. Today was a beautiful day. Thank God for good moments. I miss you and remember 17 years ago, and cutting our hair in the bathroom at work. I love you and continue to pray for you and your family.
God bless you always,
Mylene

Krystal said...

I am so happy for you good news, and so happy that you are feeling better. You are definitely a survivor, and I cannot wait to see pics of all of you guys in Disneyland. . . only 6 months away :)

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Girlfriend,

Praise God!!! You have so many prayer warriors going before the throne of God for you!

I am so happy to hear your results. You will get throught this and beat cancer again!


Praying always for you and your family.

Andrea

Rhonda said...

I am so excited about your good news. Josh and Asa are so sweet. They love you so much.
Your sweet baby is in heaven with your Grandmother. She is holding the baby and taking good care of it for you. Have some peace my friend.

Kim said...

I'm so happy for you and the whole family. That is just the best news. We will continue to pray.

Grama said...

Praise God. Trina I love you so much and it has broken my heart to see you go through this but you will GO THROUGH. When you come out you will know how much you are loved by so many many people.
You are a gift from God and I have been thanking Him all week that you will be all right.

Shelby said...

So glad you got good news and are having a good day. As you take the next 6 months one day at a time I hope you are able to have more good days than bad. I pray that they fly bye for you and that you are enjoying Disney before you know it.

bodegalee said...

I'm so very happy for you! Thank God! Great news! and I love, LOVE the Disney idea. May the next 6 months fly by! Take good care
Leigh

Sig said...

I like the warrior part. And you CAN and already ARE doing this.
My treatment was 6 months too, it goes by very fast.
Keep the smile on your face!!

Aunt Kathy said...

"One day at a time, sweet Jesus
thats all Im asking from you, help me today, show me the way, one day at a time" (from an old song)

such wonderful blessed news.
now we can all exhale, take another deep breath and praise the Lord for this.

"the steadfast love of the Lord never fails, his mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, great are is your Faithfulness O Lord,
(thats from the Holy Bible)

Trina, you life is a testimony to what the bible says. "you definately are an overcomer"
love you so much
Aunt kathy

Unknown said...

I'm very happy for you and your family. Hoping the 6 months fly by for all of you

nikki said...

I've been following along for the past week or two. Not knowing what to write, seeing the raw pain in your posts. So happy to read the bone scan is clean. Thank you God!
I will continue to pray for you as you fight this battle. You are a true warrior!!!

Marianne said...

I am so happy that the bone scans were clean. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way.

Sonia said...

Praise God!!! What wonderful news to hear. I pray these 6 months fly by for you. We love you!

melissa said...

Great news about your bone scan!!! I pray that these 6 months fly by and soon you will be with your family celebrating at Disneyland.

Absolutely your baby is in heaven - both of them are. I have 2 babies waiting for me in heaven too...And I believe that one day in the future we will finally get to hold our babies.

In the meantime, continue to cling tightly to your faith and your family - you will make it through!!

Farmers wife said...

I am so very happy for you, your last post sounds so upbeat I can feel the smile on your face. I have been following your sisters blog for a couple years now. Your family is a hoot and reads like you have a blast together. You have prayers and healthy thoughts coming from nebraska. michelle

Alaska Family said...

We are so happy!!!!!!!!
We are overwhelmed with feeling happiness for you now! This is such great news. Still praying though,this so great!

SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL!!!!!!!!!

Greta Jo said...

OH, Praise the Lord! I will continue to pray... Thank you Lord, for the clean report. Please keep Trina close to your heart. Please grant her peace and rest. In your name, Amen.

burpittyburp said...

Soooooooooooo happy for you and your fabulous news!!!!

Tracey said...

I am so freakin glad those bone scans were clean!!! I am sure 6 mos will FLY by!!! I am so happy to hear that you are doing well:) Lets get this ass whoopin show on the road!!!

Your babies are in awesome company, I have a couple babies up there and such awesome grandparents loving all of them:)

We love you so much!!

Andrea said...

I am SO happy to read this! I was absolutely thrilled when I heard the bone scan was clean. You CAN beat this!! I love you!!

Mandy said...

So So happy the bone scan was clear. You are truly one of the strongest woman I've had the privilege of meeting Trina. You all remain in my thoughts.

Hugs!