Monday, May 18, 2009

Another Day

I had my Medi-port put in yesterday. I have been pretty upset in my stomach since yesterday and it's hard to keep food down. I haven't taken pain pills since 7:30 am and am feeling OK.

My doctor's office called today and the breast MRI from Friday showed a "spot" that needs to be biopsied on Wednesday. I am unable to start treatment tomorrow. I am relieved, but I just want to get started. I'm feeling in my heart that the spot is cancer. It's not worry some to me. It would kind of be nice to know where the live cancer came from and that would probably be the answer. If I have a tumor in my breast, I want a double mastectomy STAT! It grosses me out thinking that they could be growing cancer inside. I'm disgusted that I have cancer growing inside me period. It sucks.

I have just laying around today and kind of feeling sorry for myself. I think I'm entitled to. I'm doing better about the baby though. Now I'm thinking about me. I feel guilty about not spending enough time with Asa the last couple of weeks and I feel guilty about the baby and I feel guilty about my Mom and Sissy and Papa doing so much work for me. I just want to be able to be myself again. I sound like a broken record.

Asa told me something funny and sweet the other day. He just looked me in the eyes and said "Mum, I'm sorry that your baby isn't going to hatch from your vagina". I just looked at him serious back and said "me too". It was a sweet moment but I was laughing inside.

I'm tired and feeling a bit sick, so I'm keeping this short. Oh, Sissy and Valentina came over for most of the morning, and Mom and Papa spent the day here. Papa worked in my back yard and made it look immaculate and Mom worked inside and made the inside of my house look immaculate. She cooked and played with Asa and I'm sure she is exhausted tonight. I couldn't' be alone today after the surgery and Josh had to work, so I'm so glad for my familia :) It was nice to see Sissy and Valentina.

I got a special card and sweet gift from Heather D. today. Thank you. It made my day and made me smile. I have such great friends that I haven't ever met! I'm blessed.

Continue to pray and keep good thoughts. I have good moments and bad moments many times a day, but have comfort in the fact that I have such support and love.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Trina... I so hate hearing this but also know that in one tiny, tiny way, it is a bit of relief for you to know where the cancer is and that you have a way of taking care of that part of it.

You are never far from my thoughts and I am happy to help in anyway that you need!!!

aunt kathy said...

Oh Trina
what a supportive and loving family you have.

love you
"aunt" kathy

Mandy said...

You have such an awesome family Trina. As Amanda said in a tiny way it may be a relief to know where the cancer is coming from. You are indeed incredibly brave my friend.

Hugs.

Rhonda said...

You are so blessed your family. You have so much support around you. I'm hoping that the spot is what they are looking for and can get rid of it forever.

Andrea said...

Oh love, I am sorry you're having a rough day. You are going to kick this, I promise! I think about you constantly, my friend. Please keep your spirit up-you kick arse!

Sonia said...

I hope they do find where the cancer is coming from. Please know you are in our prayers every day and we love you very much. God has blessed you in so many ways and He will give you the strength to fight this. Love you!

Krystal said...

I'm glad that your family is there to spoil you a bit - you deserve it! I am praying for you and sending you much love.

Grama said...

We are still praying every night and I know you will be all right. I am so sorry that you have to go through this but please know I will help in any way I can. You have such a wonderful family and I still think God sent Asa for such a time as this.
Hugs kisses and prayers

Tracey said...

I LOVE ASA! He says the most insightful things!!! I am sorry that there is a spot and you are feeling blue. You just "chill" take care of you and let people take care of you for a bit!

You are awesome and we love you!!Praying every single day!!!

Your Alaska family said...

Trina,
You are still in our thoughts, and constant prayers.
We love and miss you all so much, and wish there was something more we could do for you…
Let us know.

Beya said...

I love the time I get to spend with you. I always have fun with you!!!!!