Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good Week

Let me tell you...I don't much like to complain, but this weather is really getting old. Many times a day Asa and I catch each other's eyes....and say in unison..."rain rain go away". The last few days it hasn't only been RAINY, but 40 degrees. It's such a bummer. We are ready to plant the garden, play soccer, work on some home improvements and just feel alive. Good news though...Saturday is Asa's first game of the season and the weather shows sun and 60 degrees. I can't WAIT!

I'm sitting in the living room, on the lap top watching Asa re enact a world cup qualifier we are watching. I really need to video and post as it's just hilarious. He doesn't really root for a specific team, he just wants all the teams to score goals, but is just as psyched when the goalie blocks a goal too. I love my little soccer man.

Yesterday, I went to my college to get my financial aid in order. The loan will be a bit more than I anticipated. I was a bit discouraged and feeling out of control. We are both in need of a car, we should re-fi the house with the rates as low as they areshould we take on another school loan, how much longer will my unemployement last etc. Joshua came home and I was unloading to him so I wouldn't feel so stressed about all of these matters. He laughed at me and told me I had too much on my plate...like President Obama. He said "you're trying to take care of the education, unemployment, mortgage and auto crisis all at once!" I laughed.

I had to bribe Asa into going with me to college yesterday for my financial aid appointment. Pizza and dessert afterward. We got into my appointment and I pulled out Asa's puzzle book and he sat and did his book for nearly an hour. I started losing him about 10 minutes before I was finished. He started talking loud and told the advisor that he can take showers now...but it's OK if he feels like taking a bath, he can do that too. She asked Asa if we had plans after our appointment and he said that we were going to pizza and then asked HER if she wanted to come along! She replied that she had already had lunch.

We went to a hole in the wall pizza place, had a slice and they were delicious. Asa looked at me and said "Mum, this place isn't very nice". I asked "how do you mean?" He said, "look at the plates, they aren't nice". I hadn't noticed, but they were pizza pans. Asa we were finishing up, Asa hugged me and said "Mum, aren't you glad that we came here on a date? I'm having a great time". He just melts my heart sometimes.

Today Sissy and I went to Costco. Asa stayed home with Dad so it was just us girls. I had a great time with my sister. I adore her and she is such a good mama.

Please continue to pray and think about our friends in Guatemala (www.globalorphanteam.com) doing mission work for the orphans there. They need our prayers.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Really, I just love those ASA stories. He just seems like such a sweetie... I can only hope that my son will grow to say those precious things to me, too. You are one blessed Mama.

I have missed you, Trina!

Mandy said...

I second Jill, I've missed you too. I agree Mother Nature needs to some eff'ing with us. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a gorgeous weekend for all of us. Asa stories always make me smile. He is such a little gentleman. I understand your feelings about school loans. I want to go back to school and can't afford it at the moment, I am just sort of taking a leap of faith and hoping things will work out in the end. My new life motto is "Don't worry, everything is going to be amazing!"

Cameo said...

you are much, much too kind about my mothering "skills". I've learned so much from YOU as YOU are a wonderful, patient mum mum. I had a great day with you. I love you so very much! Oh, your turn on Scrabble.

Tracey said...

You do live in a rainy place you know! We have sun 350ish days a year...you should move! Bring the whole family with you!

Asa has to be one of the sweetest lil guys I have ever not met in person, but know...you know:)

I hear ya about too much on your plate. But i know everything will be just great for you guys! I am proud of you!!

Rhonda said...

Hope your weather gets better soon. We are having so much rain it is crazy. I want to plant my summer garden, but the ground is to wet.
Asa is such a big boy. He sat still for a long time. He is so sweet. I love my little dates with Amelia too. Special times.
Hope the job situation gets better soon. Times are tough.