Thursday, May 7, 2009

What A Ride

A week ago I had started school, was loving it so much. I was thinking how fast the summer was going to go and final exams would be finished and then our baby would be born soon after. What a difference 1 day makes.

Sunday night I went to the emergency room after having some severe pains in my left shoulder, and have also had some pain when I breath. The Dr. was unable to do an X-Ray since I am pregnant, so a CT scan was done of my chest area. That showed some liver tumors and some enlarged lymph nodes. I was devastated. I knew I was going to die. Sunday was a pretty depressing day and I pretty much thought my world was going to end.

Monday I was on the phone early and was able to either see or talk to my doctors directly. They seemed optimistic after reading the CT report from the previous day. My whole family and I were also feeling optimistic. Tuesday, I had an MRI and that showed that it indeed was liver cancer, but not sure from where or what. I was prepared, but Mom and Sissy were not. They were sure I was healed, but after talking to my surgeon that afternoon, we found it it is treatable and I'm not going to die, so I am healed. Yesterday, I had a CT scan and ultra sound and after talking to the radiologist, it appears as if the cancer is from my breast cancer. That is good news, since it is easier to treat.

Today at 1pm I am having an ultra sound guided biopsy of my liver. I am feeling optimistic and just happy to be getting it done with. I won't know the results until Monday. I just want to start treatment ASAP so I can get this disgusting cancer out of my body. I have been in constant pain in my left side and the pain med's make my stomach even more upset, along with the morning sickness, so I'm just having to deal with it, but the pain gives me a constant reminder that I have growing cancerous tumors in my body.

I saw my OB yesterday and was able to hear the heartbeat of our 11 week old fetus. I was so scared of terminating the pregnancy if needed and it has weighed more on me than knowing I have cancer. After talking with my doctor and hearing the heartbeat, I am more prepared. Sounds weird I know, but I know that my life is the most important and I will know more after talking with the oncologist. It will truly be a miracle if we are able to keep the baby and that is my hope and prayer. I have my perfect Asa and I thank God every time I look at him.

I am doing OK, but have bouts of tearing up, which I think is pretty good. I am not looking forward to treatment, but want to get it over with.

I had to withdraw from school, but have hopes to start again when this is all over. I LOVED it!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I have read the comments from Sissy's blog over and over and they make me smile. I believe in the power of prayer and know that I am going to be OK. I have to be for my family.

I have liver cancer. Sissy and I giggle every time I say that. It's just so unbelievable to me, that it just sounds so absurd. It's like saying I'm the Queen of England.

I am so thankful for my family and my husband and my son. Joshua is always a source of comedic relief and Asa will give me a thumbs up every so often. Asa knows that I'm sick, but he has had to bear with me through a lot of illness before and to him, and to him this is no different than me having a migraine or morning sickness. I have a tough strong family.

Thank you again for all of your prayers and thoughts and I appreciate all of you very much. I love my cyber family :)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

And your cyber family Loves you! I have found a book for Asa but I want to review it first to see if it is age appropiate before I commit to buying it.. I will let you know before I send it if I decide it is okay. I am sending you hugs and we will ALL continue to hold you and your wonderful family up in prayer. If you need anything call or email me I will put on my running shoes.

Hugs

MT II

Mandy said...

We all love you too Trina. I am sorry that you have to go through this again but you kicked its ass once and I have no doubt that you will again. You are such a strong amazing woman. Sending positive thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.

GMom said...

Trina you are a very strong Lady and you will go back to School. I can not stop thinking about you and your great Family.
Hugs Gmom

Tracey said...

Hey lady! Just know that you are on our minds and we will not stop praying. Yes, you have liver cancer, but it does not have you! You will kick its ass!!!! You are loved so very much by a lil family in CO:)

Kim said...

Of course you are going to kick ass - I have no doubt about that. I'm going to say special prayers for that special baby growing inside you. I don't know how your treatment will work with a pregnancy - but I will pray that God works a miracle.

Kylie's Mommy said...

You are such a strong woman!!!!
My thoughts and prayers will be with you daily until I see the post that the cancer is gone..
Cyber friends are the best...
Dottie

Kelly said...

Trina you are sooooo strong and I admire yhou so much. You've been thru hell and back and here you are again. I am so sorry but know you have a cyber family praying for you here in Missouri!!!Kick its ass girl!!!!!!

Lori said...

My phone alarm is set for daily at 7:30 and no matter where I am or what I'm doing, I stop and pray for you, but also during the day when you pop into my mind I know that God must have done that because you need prayer right at that moment so I pray for you then too. I tell you this because sometimes we feel so alone in our problems but we never really are, are we! I love you!

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Trina, I want you to know that even though we don't know each other, that I am sending you all my love, care and support. I am sorry that you might lose your baby too. It all seems so unfair. I'm making you a present, I'll get your address from Cameo.

You've beaten this before, and I know you'll beat it again. It will take all your guts, strength, and courage, but if anyone can do it, you can.

And when you're all better? You've got to wear flip flops again. If you can beat cancer twice, you can risk a wee little broken toe!

Kisses.

melissa said...

You are so strong - it is truly amazing. So glad that you have the support of your real family and your cyber family - the more the merrier right? Hang in there....we're all thinking of and praying for you.

PS....Cancer sucks, please feel free to KICK IT'S ASS!!!!

Carriage Works said...

Trina...

You have been in our thoughts and prayers since we read Cameo's first post. You have been on our hearts and minds, and we all hope that everything works out...

You will continue to be in our prayers, We love and miss you all so much!

~Christina, for everyone

Sig said...

You have been on my mind constantly since Cameo EM me. She has my phone number if you need to talk. Any time, day or night, my cell phone is on.
I remember also wanting to start treatment as soon as I could, I just wanted the cancer OUT.
Next year this time you will be me and you WILL be healed.
Praying for you.Sig

Andrea said...

I loves you, Trina! You're going to BEAT this. And make it beg for mercy. You are amazing. I love you!

Marianne said...

Trina,
So good to see your post. You are just an amazing woman. I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this but hopefully you will be comforted knowing that so many people are behind you with love and prayer and are ready to support you in whatever way we can.

Sending you hugs and continuing to pray.
Marianne

Bonnie said...

Love you too!!!! Hang in there girl. You are a strong woman with a loving, supportive family who will pull you through. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this again. Cancer SUCKS! You are in my prayers and will continue to be!

erinberry said...

Thinking of you and hoping you find peace with any decision you have to make. You will get through this!

Amanda said...

Trina I have NO DOUBT that you will come through this! SFYB! (Super fuck yeah baby!!!) :0)

Cameo knows all you both have to do is just ask for ANYTHING ANYTIME.

Much love, Amanda

Sonia said...

You are in our prayers every day. Your strength is amazing. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and hugs for you and your family Trina, and lots of confidence that you will beat this. Again!
Patti B.

Grama said...

God has blessed you with the perfect husband and son. He has given you the perfect Mom and Dad and Sissy. He for some reason allowed this to happen. Your response to it is your witness that you have faith. You are being prayed for by so many people I know God will answer with His best for you. Love and prayers every day.

Shelley said...

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you to get started on your treatments as soon as possible. You are a wonderful person and have a great family and I wish you all the best.
Hugs,
Shelley Pacarro
(Danita's work-mate)

Aunt kathy said...

dear sweet Trina
I'm believing for a miracle. seems you and your family know all about Miracles. For you are ONE.
God is, and always will be with you.
I am praying and believing.
love Aunt Kathy

Kate said...

Dear Friend, You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Truly. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this again. Stay strong and take care of yourself.

xoxo

URBAN BLONDE said...

Trina the Warrior Princess!

You are so strong, you have the love of a wonderful family and you will beat this!

Hugs,
Carrie

Praying hard!